The Zucchini Frittata is a delightful dish that combines thinly sliced zucchini and eggs. Zucchini is low in calories but packed with essential nutrients like vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. Eggs are a great source of protein and vital vitamins and minerals. This recipe offers a perfect balance of flavors and a nutritious way to enjoy the benefits of zucchini and eggs.
2 Servings | 20 Minutes
- 3 Eggs
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Zucchini (medium, thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Shallot (sliced)
- 1/16 oz Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Add the zucchini and shallot, and stir well.
- Spray a deep baking dish with avocado oil spray. Pour the zucchini mixture
into the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Slice and enjoy!
- Leftovers: refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Serving size: a 7-inch (18 cm) round baking dish was used to make two servings. One serving
is roughly half of the frittata.
- More flavor: add chili flakes, dill, and/or parsley.
- Avocado oil/spray: one gram (or 1/16 oz) of avocado oil spray is equal to a one-second spray.