This pumpkin loaf is a scrumptious treat bursting with delicious flavors. It’s moist, nutty, and sweet with a hint of earthiness from the pureed pumpkin. Spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated ginger, it has a warm and comforting taste. With the perfect balance of sweetness from maple syrup and richness from sunflower seed butter, this pumpkin loaf is a truly delightful and satisfying indulgence.
12 Ingredients | 1 Hour | 12 Servings
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 3 tbsps Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsps Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsps Ginger (grated)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Lightly grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine your eggs, sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, coconut oil and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy. (Note: You can also mix by hand if you prefer.)
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, ginger and sea salt. Blend again until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. (You can test if it is done by inserting a toothpick. It will come out clean when the loaf is finished.)
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool entirely before slicing. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. If not eating right away, wrap and store
in the freezer for up to two months.
- Muffins: make in a muffin tin instead of a loaf pan. Baking time will decrease to 30 to 40 minutes.
- Make it Sweet: stir in a handful of dark chocolate chips to the batter before baking.
- Serve it With: a cup of herbal tea or coffee.