Indulge in the irresistible flavors of this Butternut Squash-Coconut Chili. Sweet butternut squash, creamy coconut milk, and a blend of spices create a heavenly combination that will leave you craving more. Perfect for chilly nights or anytime you want a comforting meal.
Butternut Squash-Coconut Chili
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of peeled and diced butternut squash
- 4 cloves of garlic minced or 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of low-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- (optional, I added it and loved it!)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6- 8 hours.
- In the last 45 minutes of cooking, open the lid to allow the chili to thicken.
- You can add more chili powder if desired or a pinch of cayenne pepper if you like spicy.
- Serve on brown rice or quinoa… you can add shredded coconut or cilantro, parsley or chives.
I enjoyed it more the next day… the spices settled in nicely